PAPER SEEDS Seeds of ART and THOUGHT


Come on in... relax, kick off your shoes, and get cozy for a few minutes. I intend this space to be a happy and encouraging spot in your day where perhaps you'll sign off feeling better than you did when you signed on.

I have so much in life that I want to create, experience, and wrap my head around, and I bet you do too. I dedicate this space as a safe place to "grow" our seeds... Seeds of movement to increase our joy, inspiration, and insight - Seeds of change and evolution of our souls - Seeds of of celebration and creativity - a place where we thrive to live lives we're proud of.

How cool is it that we are given the opportunity to create a future that doesn't exist yet. That we have the choice in creating our lives and planting seeds that will grow into our dreams. I want to learn more everyday about how to do this in my life, and I would love for you to join me.

Stacey

Monday, March 14, 2011

A Letter to Mother Earth


Dear Mother Earth...

As I glance back through my life and our relationship together, I'm discovering the diverse phases you and I have shared.  As a child, I loved you whole-heartedly... spending long and wonderful hours in your arms, soaking up your mystery and wonder and energy.  You nurtured me and held me closely to you, silently filling my soul with sweet and simple happiness.
 




As a teenager, I began spending less time with you, noticing you mostly as a backdrop for my many social activities.  Your beauty was lost to me in favor of a connection with people instead. 





As a young adult I walked out on you altogether, just walked out the door and didn't thank you for all your generous, peaceful solitude.  I couldn't see your inspiring beauty all around me.  I suppose it was my path to leave you and go find my place in the world... my career, my identity, and lifestyle.



In a sense, I found you annoying.  You caused my  allergies, and you disgusted me with your creepy-crawly candid rawness. I didn't want your peace and solitude...   I broke our connection.  I didn't need you anymore.




And now, as I continue to evolve and grow spiritually, sitting in my mid forties, I am asking for your forgiveness.





I come to you with an open heart of appreciation and new understanding of your brilliant display of life and death, wild fury, peace-filled stillness, ancient wisdom, and yes, especially your creepy-crawly rawness.




I ask your forgiveness for my disrespect and my ignorant disconnect from you.  I realize, now, your steadfast love for me... you never stopped loving me... you always kept a perfect place for me, and now you hold your arms wide open for me... still.






Dear Mother,

Thank you for sustaining my soul.








Thank you for your energy.










Thank you for grounding me.









Thank you for detoxing my body and mind. 











Thank you for connection.










I feel sure that I won't stray from you again.  For now I know the secret of you.


Now, I must breathe your fresh air everyday, feel your breeze on my face, and know your stillness to hear my own voice.







For the rest of my days, I will delight in your curiosities and calm myself through your nurturing soul.




It comforts me to know that someday, when I am finished here, you will pull me tightly back into your arms and keep me, until you create me again. 


With love,

Stacey









3 comments:

  1. Beautiful pictures and beautiful words Stacy...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stacy - I really love this - thanks for putting this out there for me to enjoy

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is amazing... words I can definitely relate to. Thanks for sharing your thoughts and feelings!

    ReplyDelete