PAPER SEEDS Seeds of ART and THOUGHT


Come on in... relax, kick off your shoes, and get cozy for a few minutes. I intend this space to be a happy and encouraging spot in your day where perhaps you'll sign off feeling better than you did when you signed on.

I have so much in life that I want to create, experience, and wrap my head around, and I bet you do too. I dedicate this space as a safe place to "grow" our seeds... Seeds of movement to increase our joy, inspiration, and insight - Seeds of change and evolution of our souls - Seeds of of celebration and creativity - a place where we thrive to live lives we're proud of.

How cool is it that we are given the opportunity to create a future that doesn't exist yet. That we have the choice in creating our lives and planting seeds that will grow into our dreams. I want to learn more everyday about how to do this in my life, and I would love for you to join me.

Stacey

Sunday, October 17, 2010

My History with Paper - From Chaos to Form



I consider myself a newly proclaimed creator.  I’ve had it in me all along, as we all do, but I never took the time to explore it or carve out the space in my life to let it flow.

In the past few years, though, as bits of time started opening up for me, and as I began to open spiritually, I started playing with paper.


Yes, I’ve had a thing for paper all my life… when I was a little girl, I used to go to my room when I was angry or upset and just rip the heck out of paper… just take out all my emotions right on those poor little pieces of paper. Then I’d throw all the tiny pieces up in the air and watch - for what seemed an eternity - the hundreds of pieces just rain down all over me and my room. That process was extremely freeing for me… well, until I’d look down and see all those pieces on the floor and realize I had to clean them up!


Eventually, the paper throwing waned as I grew up and is now just a fleeting memory.  In retrospect, it's interesting to see my life-long attachment to paper come full circle.  That tangible, beautiful, palpable paper... something I have always loved, evolved into art.  Once I tore the bits of paper piece by piece and released my strong emotion into chaos.  Now, instead of throwing them into chaos, I form and mold them into something substantial and organized... a scene, a landscape, or an abstract.

I finally realize how good it feels to channel my emotions and energy into something. That's really all creating is.  And perhaps more than that, I’ve discovered that it isn’t even so much about the actual art but about the PROCESS of creating… creating ANYTHING!

Creating a meal for my family, creating a comfortable and happy atmosphere in my home, telling my children a bed time story, creating more space in my life, or perhaps most importantly, creating my day and my life the way I want it to go.

So now I’m a huge advocate of the process of creating… anything… through one’s profession, or hobbies, or through our thoughts and intentions, creating is a beautiful act of giving the world the best part of you.
I believe that creating is the number one reason we are here on earth, and that it is the act of God flowing through us…

How cool is it that we are given the opportunity to create a future that doesn’t exist yet. That we have the choice in creating our lives and planting seeds that will grow into our dreams.



I appreciate your visit!
Go out there and create something beautiful today!

Stacey

No comments:

Post a Comment