PAPER SEEDS Seeds of ART and THOUGHT


Come on in... relax, kick off your shoes, and get cozy for a few minutes. I intend this space to be a happy and encouraging spot in your day where perhaps you'll sign off feeling better than you did when you signed on.

I have so much in life that I want to create, experience, and wrap my head around, and I bet you do too. I dedicate this space as a safe place to "grow" our seeds... Seeds of movement to increase our joy, inspiration, and insight - Seeds of change and evolution of our souls - Seeds of of celebration and creativity - a place where we thrive to live lives we're proud of.

How cool is it that we are given the opportunity to create a future that doesn't exist yet. That we have the choice in creating our lives and planting seeds that will grow into our dreams. I want to learn more everyday about how to do this in my life, and I would love for you to join me.

Stacey

Sunday, October 24, 2010

My Latest Creations...


Hello and thanks for visiting today!  I'm going to take you on a tour of some of my recent creations... Come on, let's go!

During the last few months I've been extremely touched by nature's beauty... I mean I've always been awed by it, but lately I'm just blown away by it.  The beauty of a simple branch that has fallen to the ground in my yard, a piece of beechwood discovered on the beach, or a pine cone that my son brings to me all seem spectacular. I've seen these products of nature a thousand times, but it's as if I'm seeing them for the first time and truly appreciating their potential.  I attribute this awakening to the fact that I'm creating more... and the more we create, the more open we become to see the beauty in just about anything.  Nature is raw and simple beauty.  It just never gets old and never goes out of style... nature's beauty is steadfast and true. It grounds us and reminds us of our connection to our surroundings. 


I wondered how I could merge my craft with this natural beauty, and so I came up with these whimsical creations...


This is the pine cone my son found.  I rolled paper flowers and added wire for their stems, then I wrapped them around the pine cone and voila!  A weird, wonderful, whimsical little piece that is a simple reminder of the outdoors... and my son.




This is a larger piece of driftwood that a friend gave to me.  I varnished it and added wisps of pearlescent white paint to give it an enchanted glow, then I added my hand rolled, hand cut flowers.  This would make a really cool centerpiece, or it would compliment a shelf or fireplace mantel nicely. 





 
I found this tiny wreath at the thrift shop, and it was begging me to buy it and give it some TLC, so I added a few paper flowers and a funky curtain tie-back. 


And I am so in love with these Hanging Floral Wall Branches.  I found this branch in my front yard and added strings of ribbon with paper flowers on the branch itself and cascading down the ribbons.  These would be adorable in a girls room or any place that you want to add a bit of whimsical nature to the mix. 



Here's another Hanging Floral Branch I did in red and white.





And now shifting gears to another project... A dear friend of mine recently got engaged, and my friends and I threw the couple a most enchanting and lovely engagement party.  The theme was French Country so my friend, Chris (An amazing photographer and artist), and I created a huge piece of artwork (5 x 3 ft.) for the event.  We ripped different color schemes of paper and made them into rolling mountains. We painted the sky, sun, and little wedding couple with pastels and acrylic paints and wrote "Congratulations" lightly in the sky. 




Chris took a picture of the artwork, and we used the picture to print invitations for the party.  So our collaboration conveyed well through both the invitations and the actual artwork which we hung above the entrance way of the engagement party.  And as a bonus, the artwork now hangs somewhere in the couple's home. 


I created a Kissing Ball out of paper flowers to hang at another entrance way of the engagement party.  And it turned out to be a smashing success, or should I say... a "smooching success!"   
In a few weeks, I'd love to show you what I'm working on for the Etsy Show in Downtown Charleston coming up in mid November...  Christmas ornaments and much, much more! 

And... don't forget that most of these items are in my Etsy shop for you to purchase!  Or I'd be glad to do a custom order for you.

Today, I celebrate my creativity and allow it to flow freely no matter what I'm doing and who I'm with.  I am open to the beautiful possibilities of my creative spark!

Have a really fantastic week!

Stacey

No comments:

Post a Comment